IRI Insight: Legacy Planning
Researchers have found that 70 percent of wealth transfer strategies fail, and even worse, can be a source of friction within families. Voya Financial’s Kevin Lehman, however, says turning estate planning into legacy planning is the key to preserving wealth and family units. As Lehman explains in the June edition of the IRI Insight, advisors have an essential part in this planning process. Also in this issue of the IRI Insight, Brandon Buckingham of Prudential Financial, John Kennedy of Lincoln Financial Distributors, and Laurence Greenberg of Jefferson National examine how using annuities inside trusts can maximize wealth transfers across multiple generations. Also in the June issue of the IRI Insight:
Click here to access the June 2015 IRI Insight.
- ERISA and legal experts from Groom Law Group outline the “significant impact” the Department of Labor’s proposed fiduciary rule will have on financial professionals’ relationships with their clients.
- Jim O’Connor and Keith Namiot of AXA discuss how 401(k) plans are evolving to deliver guaranteed retirement income to workers who want their workplace retirement plans to be more than just accumulation vehicles.
- PIMCO’s Anshul Shah describes how volatility management strategies, which have surged in popularity, can create a smoother ride for today’s investors. He lists key considerations for advisors to determine which strategy may be appropriate for their clients.
- The results of the LoveFamilyMoney study, commissioned by Allianz, are highlighted with results showing how the concept of “family” is evolving for many Americans.
- New research from the Insured Retirement Institute that finds Boomers’ confidence in having sufficient savings to last throughout retirement is now at a five-year low.