IRI Insight - December 2014
Jefferson National CEO Explores Next-Gen Variable Annuities in the IRI Insight
The December issue of the IRI Insight is now available. The IRI Insight is IRI's premier retirement planning newsletter, covering the latest issues and trends in retirement income. In this issue, Jefferson National CEO Mitchell Caplan explores a new approach to retirement income planning with investment-only variable annuities, which are designed as a low-cost, tax-advantaged investing solution. Learn more about the next generation of variable annuities in the IRI Insight.
Also in the December issue of the IRI Insight:
- Prudential Retirement's Jamie Kalamarides sheds light on federal regulators’ latest move to support lifetime income in retirement plans.
- Retirement planning by the numbers 2015 – a snapshot of key retirement planning figures recently announced by government agencies that will impact retirees and retirement savers in the New Year.
- Morningstar’s David Blanchett looks at how the inclusion of an annuity in a retirement portfolio can impact the allocation of other retirement assets.
- Supporting financially dependent retired parents can create stress in the family. Guardian Life’s Doug Dubitsky considers how advisors can help their clients in these situations ease the tension by using income annuities.
- The taxman cometh, but AXA’s Mark Teitelbaum says clients can secure retirement income and save on their tax bill at the same time. He explores the post-retirement benefits of life insurance and its part in tax planning.
Click here to access the December 2014 IRI Insight.