Cybersecurity incidents are often referred to as existential corporate threats and have taken a top spot in enterprise risk management discussions. Legal and compliance professionals must be familiar with the threats and the various issues related to mitigating and responding to them. Even if you are not the individual charged by your company to be primarily responsible for these issues, your primary regulators are expecting you to be informed and to take certain steps concerning these issues.
During the IRI Cybersecurity Forum 2016, sponsored by Carlton Fields Jorden Burt and Ernst & Young, attendees received critical updates to laws and regulations, insight into the direction of regulatory enforcement activity, and best practices that can be used today to help prevent and mitigate tomorrow’s cyber events.
- How would the NAIC’s recent proposed model law affect my company?
- What do I need to know about this year’s cybersecurity focus at the SEC?
- How do I engage assistance of law enforcement?
- What are the latest federal initiatives addressing cyber threats?
- What are the newest cybersecurity threats and countermeasures?
- What are the areas that must be addressed in my cybersecurity policies and procedures?
- How is information sharing under the cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) being implemented and will my business be affected?
- What are the benefits of participating in FS-ISAC?
- The regulators are knocking on my door; what are they looking for?
- What are the current best practices in connection with cyber risk assessments?
- What is the latest thinking on cybersecurity controls?
- How has recent litigation shaped the data breach liability landscape?
- What do I need to do to ensure prudent vendor selection?
- Should I purchase cyber risk insurance, and if I do, what does it cover?
- What are the latest legal developments in cyber risk insurance?
Click here to view our current agenda as of July 11, 2016.
Update from the Regulators - John Brady
Update from the Regulators - Eric Nordman
Current Risk Environment - Michael Wood
Enforcement and Litigation Update - Kristin Shepard and Joseph Swanson
Vendor and Supply Chain Risk - Timothy Nagle
Vendor and Supply Chain Risk - Chris Ritterbush
Latest Developments in Cyber Risk Insurance - Bert Helfand, Christopher Liu and John Pitblado
IRI Cybersecurity Presentation - Josephine Cicchetti